White Texas Sheet Cake: super moist, thin, & easy to make!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (I used salted)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter (I used salted)
- ¼ cup milk
- 4½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 15″x10″x1″ baking pan.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring butter and water to boil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Mix. Add in eggs, sour cream, almond extract (or vanilla), & baking soda. Slowly pour in the boiling butter/water mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into greased baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown & toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake for 20 minutes.
- For Frosting: In a mixing bowl add powdered sugar & almond extract & set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add ½ cup butter and ¼ cup milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and pour into bowl of powdered sugar/almond extract. Stir until smooth and combined. Spread over warm cake. (If frosting is too thick add a little extra milk)