PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 5 hours 5 mins
TOTAL TIME 5 hours 15 mins
3 lbs boned-in skinless chicken thighs (10 pieces)
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
½ tsp of Creole or Cajun seasoning
½ tsp garlic powder
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
¾ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together Cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle seasoning over chicken pieces and then place chicken into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, pineapple juice and soy sauce; pour over and around chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours. Using a tong, transfer chicken from the slow cooker to a platter and loosely tent with aluminum foil.
- Prepare the sauce: Transfer remaining mixture from the crockpot to a saucepan and place on the stovetop. Turn the heat to medium high and let the mixture comes to a boil. Whisk together the water and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Slowly stir into the boiling sauce until fully incorporated and continue boiling for about 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Brush the sauce over each chicken thigh and serve the remaining sauce at the table.