This Crescent Roll Peach Dumplings recipe is one of the best Southern food dessert recipes.
1 1/2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup orange soda
2-3 fresh peaches
- Butter 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Peel peaches and cut each into 4-6 slices (smaller peaches you can cut in 4 slices and larger in 6)
- Roll each peach slice in a crescent roll and place in a buttered dish.
- Melt butter, stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla, when it’s thickened, remove from heat and pour over the dumplings.
- Pour the soda in the middle and along the edges of a pan (not over the rolls)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- You can sprinkle more cinnamon-sugar on top of the baked dumplings if you like.
- Serve warm.