I loved that the cookies were more than just a holder of the sweet filling. They weren’t hard as a rock or dry. They were nice, tender and a little flaky.
Recipe type: Desserts
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 42 mins
Serves: 48 cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp kosher salt
2½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Lemon Curd, or store-bought
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two half-sheet-pan baking sheets with parchment or nonstick liners.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Beat in yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- Beat in flour just until moist clumps form. Gather dough together in bowl to bind.
- Shape scant tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on prepared sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Using a floured finger or something that will give a good round shape (I used the back of a small pestle), make a deep indentation in center of each ball.
- Bake cookies until firm and lightly golden on bottom, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately fill indentations with curd.
- Return to oven and bake 2 minutes longer to set curd.
- Bake remaining cookies. Lightly dust edges with confectioners’ sugar before serving.