- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate syrup (Hershey’s)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 regular Reese’s peanut butter cups, divided
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1 (16oz) can chocolate frosting
Prepare cake according to package directions, adding in 2/3 cup peanut butter before mixing. Bake cake in a 9×13-inch pan.
While cake is baking, mix milk and chocolate syrup until well blended.
When the cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.
Chop Reese’s cups into small pieces. Sprinkle half of the Reese’s cups over cake.
Carefully combine chocolate frosting and Cool Whip. Spread over the top of cake, then sprinkle the remaining Reese’s cup on top. Chill.
Tip: I like to refrigerate the Reese’s cups so they chop easier.